[mythtv-users] How to tell myth what is encrypted channel

Jouni jouni76 at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 5 07:36:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:42:25 +0200, "Ismo Tanskanen" <ismot at telemail.fi>
said:
> I have three dvb-t tuners, all set to same input source.
>
> Only one card has sc-reader and ability to watch encrypted channels. Two
> other cards only show unencrypted channels.
>
> I can set "only unencrypted channels" in input connections for two other
> cards. But myth still tries to show encrypted channels with them. Also,
> when I schedule recordings, myth tries to use those tuners for encrypted
> channels too. Of cource recording fails.
>
> I can't find any setting in channel database, to tell myth that channel
> is encrypted. Is there a way to do this? Or does myth try to conclude it
> somehow itself?
>
> Is it only way to make two input connections one for card with card
> reader and one for two other cards? I have found that this setup leads
> to problems too.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Kane

I have a quite similar setup, two dvb-t tuners with one cam. I did my
setup this way:
Do completely separate channel and input lineups (incl. muxes) for all
your tuners, so that all tuners have all (and only) channels they are
able to actually receive. Then you can adjust the recording priority
separately for each tuner.

In my setup:

dvb-card with cam -> "Tuner 1" with scanned channel list including
encrypted channels.
dvb-card without cam -> "Tuner 2" with scanned channel list, free
channels only on the list.

I upped the recording priority for "Tuner 2" to 10, so all free channels
recordings will be done with it, unless it is broadcast from encypted
channel, then it will be recorded with "Tuner 1".

Livetv will normally use "Tuner 1", so encrypted channels are available
for it (if not recording encr. channel). If recording encrypted channel,
then livetv is viewed from "Tuner 2".

Do not enable settings 'Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled
shows' or 'Cross source eit'.

I have not had any problems with this setup, besides obvious, eg. having
to switch livetv-tuner when encrypted channel recording begins.

--
  Jouni
  jouni76 at fastmail.fm