[mythtv-users] ira-3 receiver and URC-6131remote

Matt Lane lanewaves at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:49:35 UTC 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 4:52 PM, Joe Votour <vulturej at vulturesnest.net> wrote:

> When using an irman, it is not necessary to use irrecord, as there is a
> program that comes with libirman that acts in a similar manner, but works
> better.  From there, you can convert that into a lircd.conf file, like
> that on my website.
>
> Once I got into JP1, I found that I preferred a MCE receiver to an irman,
> as the irman is way to sensitive (it responds to any IR, even that of othee
> remote controls and laptops).  I havn't used an irman in at least a year
> (nor the 6131), but leave the info on my website in case anybody else wants
> it.

I finally got back to this.  My current status is everything seems to load,
irw makes my red light come on but I do not get any output and no errors in
/var/log/messages.

The red light *does not* stay on all the time like I thought it should as
things are loading now.

What program are you talking about that comes with libirman?

Any more suggestions before I send it back and buy a Snapstream remote?

Thanks.