[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder 2

Evuraan::ഏവൂരാന്‍ evuraan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:59:49 UTC 2007

After about 2 hours of R&D, I figured it out, I could use this remote (using
ati_remote2 module) with the help of xmodprobe. will post detailed how to
sometime later, but here is the quick-n-dirty howto.

(1)  Run from your xterm/gnome-terminal, xmodmap -pke >
/somedir/sanekeys.txt

(2) Save the following to a file, say map.txt in /somedir

! power
keycode 222 = F1
! scan
keycode 229 = F2
! mute
keycode 160 = F3
! recall
keycode 133 = F4
! stop
keycode 232 = F5
! play
keycode 179 = p
! <<
keycode 234 = Left
! >>
keycode 233 = Right
! vol+
keycode 176 = F10
! vol-
keycode 174 = F11
! options
keycode 41 = o
! options1
keycode 136 = o
! options2
keycode 140 = o
! escape
keycode 232 = Escape
! pause
keycode 110 = p
! ff
keycode 102 = Right
! rew
keycode 100 = Left
! arippa
keycode 158 = Escape
! red
keycode 54 = d

Here's how you can launch mythf/e:

/usr/bin/xmodmap /somedir/map.txt | /usr/bin/mythfrontend 2>/dev/null;
/usr/bin/xmodmap /somedir/sanekeys.txt

Here's what it does, line 1 loads F/E with keymaps in map.txt, when done,
line 2 resets it to sane keymaps defined in sanekeys.txt

I  will write up a detailed howto later. In the meantime if anybody else had
anything to add, it wud have been helpful.

Also,  (1) What's the keymapping for the "OK" button in the middle of 4
directional  arrows?

Cheers..!