[mythtv-users] PVR 500 possibilities

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Wed Dec 5 03:05:59 UTC 2007

It's come time for me to switch back from cable to DirecTV.
Installation will happen on Thursday and I'm starting my prep for the
transition now.  One of the issues is moving from a single cable in to
having two STBs.

One of the things I'd like to do is avoid buying a new TV tuner card.  I
have a perfectly good PVR-500 that's been working and stable for most of
a year now.

The PVR-500 has a cable composite in and RCA in.  What I'm wondering is
if those are exclusive use (either/or) or if I could use them together
(one STB with cable into the -500 and the other using the RCA connectors).

Does anyone know the answer to this?