[mythtv-users] starting other apps automatically in mythtv

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:43:59 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to start ktorrent on my combined FE/BE. I want it to
automatically start when the system is powered on. I've tried adding
it to .mythtv/session which works, except it appears above the main
mythtv window by default. I've tried using this together with kstart
to force it to run minimized or in the background, but without
success. I've toyed with using xvfb to run it in a 'headless' mode,
but ktorrent doesn't seem to like this at all. Any thoughts on how
best to go forward from here? I'm running mythbuntu, with openbox as
the window manager. I don't particularly want to use any other torrent
clients, as they mostly lack the features, or consume too many
resources compared to kt.

Cheers,

vik