[mythtv-users] Encoder selection order

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 4 22:08:12 UTC 2007

On 12/04/2007 04:51 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Ben Hardill wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if there is a way to alter the order with which
>> encoders are chosen.
>>
>> I have 3 dvb encoders, 2 on the master backend and 1 on a slave.
>>
>> I added the encoders in the following order:
>>
>> 1 master
>> 2 slave
>> 3 master
>>
>> Yet recording still seam to be scheduled on the 2 encoders on the
>> master first. I'm wanting to schedule on the master first then on
>> the salve and only use the second master encoder when the other 2
>> are in use.
>
> You can delete your cards and add them in order of how you want them
>  used.

Actually, the cards can be added in any order, but the inputs must be
connected (under Input Connections) in the order of desired input
usage.  Oh, and this is the preferred approach.  I'm only making this
distinction as I know someone who (should know better, but) out of
habit/without thinking, defined cards in order, then connected inputs
out of order and had to restart the process to fix it again.

And, because posting this link is what I do, here's a link with more
detailed instructions:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike