[mythtv-users] SA3250HD FireWire channel changing can be a bit flaky...here's a workaround

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:06:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 3:45 PM, Scott Alfter <mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Matt Emmott wrote:
> > On Nov 26, 2007 5:16 AM, Scott Alfter <mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
> > <mailto:mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org>> wrote:
> >> I didn't know there was an internal changer in trunk.  If I switch back
> >> it, how do I enable the internal changer?  I didn't notice a checkbox
> for
> >> it, but I might've skipped right by it.
> >
> > I'm running 0.20.2. Can somebody explain how to load up this external
> tuner?
> > I've got the SA3250HD and I can never change channels via firewire.
>
> sa3250ch.c is in the contrib directory of the MythTV source; you need to
> compile it and put the binary somewhere convenient (such as
> /usr/local/bin).
>
> I guess I still don't understand what to do after that. I've read Benton's
incredibly informative "SA3250HD Firewire -- A New User's Findings" but I
still cannot figure out how to set up any of these scripts so they are
invoked by the GUI. My goal is to replace the standard firewire channel
changer with either the sa3250ch.c or one of the other improved changers,
put Benton's script in front of the changer so that it is invoked before the
changer, and roll it all into the GUI / backend so it is completely seamless
when changing channels. But I haven't the slightest idea how or where to do
that. If there's documentation on how to do this in the wiki I apologize, I
just haven't found any solid information on how to do this.