[mythtv-users] Howto avoid: turning on TV before booting mythtv-box ?

Mark Nellemann mark at nellemann.nu
Tue Dec 4 08:33:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

I know this is not a mythtv problem, but rather a (nvidia) driver/X
configuration issue, but there's a good chance someone on this list has
a solution :)

I'm using a nvidia 7300 PCI-e gfx card connected to my SONY tv through
HDMI. My guess is that the GFX card only "opens" the HDMI port if
there's something connected (a turned on TV) when the PC is turned on.

Is there anyway to force the HDMI connection open when the nvidia driver
loads?   Or do I really need to turn on the TV and reboot...

Many thanks in advance,

Mark