[mythtv-users] Leopard and QT

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:20:11 UTC 2007

On 11/29/07, Paul Jackson <paul.w.jackson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install MythTV backend on my PowerMac G5 running Leopard
> and when I try to install version 3.3.8 QT from the command line I receive
> an error that it is not compatibile with my version of MacOSX.  Should I
> install this version of QT: "Qt/Mac Open Source Edition is 4.3.2."?

Hi Paul,

DId you ever get QT3 working on Leopard.  I upgraded my Mac Mini to Leopard
10.5 and got stuck when trying to re-install Myth with the fact that
QT3.3.8doesn't support Leopard.  I've come across a patch that is
meant to allow
QT3 to compile under 10.5, and there is a Darwin Ports version, but I
haven't had the chance to try either yet.

I dual boot my mac with Linux, so this hasn't been a showstopper for me yet
- but I enjoyed having the flexibility to use either Linux or Mac modes when
I was still running 10.4.