[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

mons37318 at mypacks.net mons37318 at mypacks.net
Mon Dec 3 19:37:32 UTC 2007

someone said (but i deleted the attribution - sorry)
>A really quick suggestion would be to simply -not- delete anything for
>the next few hours or days until you have a stack of 3-5 things that
>you'd really like to delete.  Then try to delete them, one at a time,
>as fast as possible from the frontend UI and see if it ever seems to
>pause.  That test shouldn't take substantially longer than it would
>have taken you to do each delete singly; it just requires remembering
>what you meant to delete (and being able to navigate to each one fast
>enough to show up the problem; if it takes you 30 seconds of scrolling
>around in the listing to find each thing you want to delete,
>Ach!  You could have run the simple test! :)

if whatever version my might be using (wasn't quite able to follow that) has Recording groups) put all of those show is one group, filter to show just that group, and then delete. you'll be able to remember them *and*  find, without scrolling around.

(I haven't really been following this thread, just popped in here and there)

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"