[mythtv-users] Looking for suggestions for Drivers for VIA EPIA CX700M2

Bodo.Schmidt at ga.com Bodo.Schmidt at ga.com
Mon Dec 3 13:44:44 UTC 2007

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded my VIA EPIA motherboard to the EX15000G model. Everything works fine, except for the hardware MPEG acceleration. Openchrome doesn't support that model yet (it's the VT3157 chipset), so I'm stuck with the drivers from the VIA website.

Compiling everything from scratch gives me various errors, that would take quite some time to troubleshoot, so I was going to work with the binaries.

Apparently the binaries are for kernel 2.6.22, so I used FC7 which comes with 2.6.21 standard. I can install the display driver binaries and they seem to work ok, however when I go through the mythtv installation ivtv doesn't support the .21 kernel and upgrades to .23, which breaks the drivers in mythtv.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to get drivers working for this board? Has anybody successfully compiled them for this configuration? I tried ubuntu 7.10 yesterday, but the binaries are for 7.04.

Playback without hardware acceleration taxes the CPU beyond 100% and makes the box not worthwhile as a frontend, so I'm willing to compromise on other aspects, as long as I can get the drivers to work...

Thanks

Bodo