[mythtv-users] Xbox 360 HD-DVD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 06:10:17 UTC 2007

Hi

On Dec 3, 2007 4:26 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>   It's kind of like saying mp3 players aren't convenient because
> you have to take that extra step to rip the albums.

Ripping a CD takes 5 minutes, or a few seconds for a song. You can
also take the converted MP3 songs with you everywhere because it is so
small in size.
A HD-DVD rip is huge, so until they make flash based devices with say
300TB, people aren't going to rip HD-DVD and kip the image.
it's just too big !

I guess in a few years it will all be different, but until then it's
just not interesting to rip a HD-DVD before you can finally watch it