[mythtv-users] TV card evolution

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Dec 3 01:22:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 09:06:07AM +0100, Bart Coninckx wrote:
> > If you get your resolution, bitrate etc. set up properly you can get
> > very close to the "regular way".
> >
> > If casual viewers see a problem, I'd guess you have not set things up as
> > well as they could be.
>
> I've tried a bunch of recording profile settings, with high bitrates,
> deinterlacing etc. but none lead to a satisfying result.
>
> Would you share with us what you did to get to your results?

I think it might be more productive if you can describe, in quite
detailed technical terms (which may not be easy) precisely in what
fashion you feel your output doesn't match your input.  There are
millions of ways to get it both right and wrong, but many fewer ways to
fix specific problems.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA