[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl - "unable to locate mysql.txt"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 1 18:42:18 UTC 2007

On 12/01/2007 12:55 PM, Jose Bernardo Silva wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 11:12 AM, Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
>
>> grep mysql.txt /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl
>>
>> This will show you all places where the script is looking for mysql.txt.
> On the version I have installed (latest mythbuntu svn packages) the
> grep returns empty.

It's basically the same in trunk, but the actual code is in the Perl
bindings (so the same code isn't repeated in multiple scripts).

So, if the config file is there, it doesn't properly specify a
DBHostName , so you need to fix it.

If DBHostName is not there because you're using the UPnP autodiscovery
stuff (and if putting it there would break that--I don't know enough
about the UPnP stuff to know if that's the case), you won't be able to
use any of the scripts that use the Perl bindings until the SVN trunk
Perl bindings are updated to use the UPnP autodiscovery mechanism rather
than relying on the mysql.txt.

I'm sure Chris would love a patch from someone who knows the UPnP
autodiscovery stuff well enough to implement it for the Perl
bindings...  (hint, hint :)

Mike