[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Sat Dec 1 15:12:02 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 8:37 AM, David Stuller <dcstuller at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using FC5.  I made the changes as a far commenting out the two lines
> in the sipie file and removing the "playlist" option
> in the sipie and config files, but now when I launch from Myth or use the
> gui (/usr/bin/sipie).  It won't stop playing.  The
> myth scripts are supposed to kill the pid file in the /tmp directory which
> it does do, but mplayer continues to play the stream.
>   If I use the straight gui (/usr/bin/sipie), the "stop" and "exit"
> buttons don't work.   So I thought I would start from scratch
>  and try and reinstall it,  when I run the svn and use the easy_install,
> it installs about 4 files, but no file just called "sipie".
>  So I tried the /usr/bin/cliSipie file and it looks like it might work but
> mplayer defuncts.  I also tried /usr/bin/sipie.py but it
>  does the same thing.  Any ideas??
>

> ---------------------------------
>     I haven't tried Scott's fix yet, but previously I was able to get
> sipie
>    to work fine, but whenever I started it up, I'd get that GUI where I
> had
>    to pick the channel I wanted.  I could never get the scripts to work as
>
>    described in the Wiki.  So, I never had the Sirius menu options on the
>    frontend GUI.  I'm using FC6 via Mythdora 4.0.  What are you using?
> And
>    were the scripts on the Wiki OK or did they need some tweaking?
>
>    Thanks,
>    Harry

OK guys, as of this moment in time, Eli hasn't pushed my code changes to the
official source SVN, but I put up the code on my private SVN for the time
being. Check out the completely updated Wiki article at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_Sirius and let me know if you
find any issues or something that needs to be added.

--
Josh
TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com