[mythtv-users] 5.1 Surround Sound ( again )

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:57:22 UTC 2007

I've searched and looked at the wiki and the
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound
page....

I am using the latest SVN Trunk build.
I have Fedora FC6.
I can use aplay -Dsurround51 foo.wav on a multi-channel wav file and hear output
in all of my 5.1 speakers...
I can play a mythtv recoded HDTV show that has 5.1 surround sound
recorded using
VLC and hear 5.1 surround sounds....

When I run mythtv to watch live TV or play a recorded show, I don't hear the 5.1
surround sound like I should.. ( according to the
Configuring_Digital_Sound page )
I hear sound from the left / right speakers but not the full 5.1 setup.

.... with the SVN Trunk build... should I need to do anything but use
ALSA:default in my configuration settings?

jack