[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag --video - trying to add seek to mythvideos

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Fri Aug 31 19:53:52 UTC 2007

I'm attempting to make the switch to Mythvideo's internal player for
viewing videos. But when I fast forward or rewind I get audio buffer
overflow errors. After some archive searching I found a suggestion that
said to run mythcommflag --video on video files so that a seek table
could be inserted into the DB.

However, I get this out put when I try it :
---------------------
[mythtv at myth Shippuuden]$ mythcommflag --video
001-002_\[DB\]_Naruto_Shippuuden.avi
2007-08-31 14:41:15.685 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2007-08-31 14:41:15.702 New DB connection, total: 1
2007-08-31 14:41:15.716 mythcommflag version: 0.21.20070820-1 www.mythtv.org
2007-08-31 14:41:15.717 Enabled verbose msgs: important

MythTV Commercial Flagger, started at Fri Aug 31 14:41:15 2007
Building seek table for: 001-002_[DB]_Naruto_Shippuuden.avi
 99%/14974fpsRebuilt

Finished commercial break flagging at Fri Aug 31 14:41:21 2007

Segmentation fault
--------------------
Seeking in this file after this proves to be no better than before. It
looks to me like mythcommflag is getting 99% done and then seg
faulting.  I tried it with "-v all" and got way too much info, happy to
do another verbose and host it somewhere if someone thinks it will be
helpful.

I also tried on a few different file formats not just avi. They all seem
to segfault.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Mike