[mythtv-users] Comcast Firewire in Montgomery County, MD

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:00:28 UTC 2007

Chris:

I've only been able to get up to channel 99 through firewire (the
analog channels).  The 100+ channels (the digital tier) doesn't seem
to come in.  Montgomery County Comcast says that I should be able to
get more, but it hasn't worked for me yet (they claim to send some
command that opens up the channels, but I haven't seen a change).  The
5C (or is it C5) encryption is off for the non-premium channels above
99, but I can't seem to get Myth to tune them in.

I haven't played with this for a while, but I'd like to get back to
it.  If you have any suggestions or want to compare notes, I'd be
happy to share what little experience I've had with this.

One other thing to note -- the DST6200 box is not grounded.  I found
out the hard way that it will ground itself through the firewire cable
if necessary -- frying a motherboard.  I've since grounded the cable
box myself.

George