[mythtv-users] Bulk Updater for Videometa(imdb) data

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Fri Aug 31 02:21:58 UTC 2007

List --
I've taken the liberty of creating an imdb.pl wrapper to use with
mythvideo. This is a commandline tool similar to the imdbbatchgrabber.pl
tool that is included with knoppmyth. However that tool is out of date,
and it heavily relies on the production copy of imdb.pl. So when imdb.pl
is out of date the batchgrabber is instantly, and tends to stay that way
for a long time.

Anyhow, long story short. I've created a simple, but reliable bulk wrapper
for imdb.pl to do batch updates of multiple types against your
videometadata table.

The script still has a dependency on imdb.pl, but in the past this seems
to be maintained regularly and my tool only depends on a working copy.

Anyhow, I have it out on a freebie file share site for now (takes a second
to load download link). But have at it for those that are interested.

http://www.4shared.com/file/23145905/548ed5c2/imdbupdatertar.html

The usage is pretty self explanatory. Please send me feedback as necessary.

Ryan