[mythtv-users] Twittering about your mythtv recordings

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Fri Aug 31 00:08:44 UTC 2007

Everyone loves to get up on a pedestal and preach now and then....

Policy and law are formed from the norms of society.  That means until the
public pushes the bounds of what is legal (but wrong), nothing will change.
Do you think any major studio would have dropped DRM on music were it not
being defeated around the globe by millions of mp3-player owners?  These
businesses are learning to adapt their business model to embrace fair use by
paying consumers.

Let's not beat up on people who are acting reasonably (i.e. "fair use").
Unless this script is designed to profit from the show data, or someone
prevent the copyright holder from earning due income, I don't think anyone
should criticize....

I'm now off to watch a rented DVD movie using myth - which of course breaks
the law since there is no licensed DVD decrypter for Linux....

Your fellow criminal,
MD
:)