[mythtv-users] Using Composite input

Lionel Dybowski lionel.dybowski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:38:32 UTC 2007

I am trying to use mythtv FC5 through composite input with no success. I
am using an Hauppauge tuner with bt878 chip.
During mythtv setup step 2, I have tested with input board set as analog
or MPEG2, default input being set to composite1.
On step 3, I can not connect to the TV grabber in france (never managed,
is it down??) but I believe itshould not stop mythtv to work. However,
my vido sources remain empty on step 3 as a result of that.. However, I
I find myself with no video source on step 4 and have to set a dummy one
on step 3...
Does this has anything to do with the fact that I can not see the
composite input in mythtv?

Any help will be much appreciated...

Regard

Lionel D