[mythtv-users] Can anyone help with twinhead xorg.conf with nvidia 5200?
jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Aug 30 16:56:56 UTC 2007
I thought I'd give an update on what got this working, or almost 100%
1) I upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers, version 100.14.11. Don't
really think this had much affect on anything though.
2) I ran nvidia-xconfig which seemed to correct a couple issues in my
xorg.conf. It did NOT completely write a new one. Rebooting from here
was almost enough. It was trying to work, but my LCD display complained
about an unsupported mode.
3) Then I found the following for my Monitor and updated my Monitor
section. It now looks like this:
This reboot looked like it was all going to work, but after everything
loaded (gui with scrolling status) it locked up the system before X
4) I followed the information here:
I added this to the kernel parameters:
Now it boots all the way into X and I have a display on both TVOut AND
5) This process now caused the mouse to be locked, although it works
through VNC. Modifying the pci= parameter above fixed the problem:
More information about the mythtv-users