[mythtv-users] recently moved database - cant edit/add a cutlist to recorded programs

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 14:16:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have recently moved my database to a new machine and while most things work,
the one thing that is not working is the edit function.

The mythconverg  and mysql databases are the ones that I dumped and
transferred.

I can select a recorded program, get it running and press E to enter the edit
functions, but I get no progress bar at the bottom of the screen. I can press
E to get out of the edit. So far so good (apart from the missing progress
bar). When I press return to start a cut, the frontend stops, pressing E
doesn't work at all and I have to remotely kill the frontend.

The installed mythtv is the same on each machine, so there should be no
compatibility problems.

has anyone seen this before ??