[mythtv-users] Erroneous reporting of Previously Recorded?

Tim Hartley poobahtim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:10:35 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Dave Diamond <mythtv at jadbury.com> wrote:
> I'm running MythDora 4 and the latest MythTV, the one with the SD update.
> I've noticed lately -- really, just since the update -- that shows that
> are supposed to record every day are reporting "This episode was
> previously recorded and is still available in the list of recordings."
> Is it possible that the update to SD could have affected my database and
> how it keeps track of what it has and hasn't recorded before?  Is there
> any way to start fresh, clean out all of the programming that
> mythfilldatabase can then restore?
> Thanks,
> Dave Diamond
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

This is actually what I did to fix an unrelated problem.  It'll
require logging in to mysql and deleting it by hand, though.  Or at
least, that's what I ended up doing.

Here's what I did:
1) Stop the frontend and backend processes.
2) Log into mysql using mythconverg.
3) delete from program;
possible 4) delete from channel;
5) restart backend and run mythfilldatabase  --refresh-all

Step 4 is what I had to do to get rid of duplicate channels caused by
not following the guidelines for updating from DD to SD.  You may not
need to.

Also, this is from memory, so be kind if the syntax is not completely accurate.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list