[mythtv-users] Dr Who - help

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Aug 29 19:52:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 20:21 +0100, norman wrote:
> I have been recording the recent broadcasts of Dr Who so as to build a
> set of episodes. My Mythtv broke at 7.00pm just when the broadcast was
> due to start and by the time I had mended it the final episode had been
> running for about 20 minutes.
>
> Is there anyone, please, who can either send me a copy of the broadcast
> or tell me if there is any way I can find a copy.

AFAIK These are not for sale individually. In the UK, you can watch
some BBC programs for a limited time if you buy and install a recent
Microsoft operating system and download the BBC iPlayer. In the US,
you can wait for a rebroadcast on Sci-Fi or BBC America, or wait for
the boxed set to come out.

BTW In the USA, Sci-Fi re-airs Dr. Who at least once and BBC America
is running a marathon on Saturday (9/1), which may allow you to catch
some programs you missed last season.

The last episode on Sci-Fi "Human Nature" was ok, but it's a two-parter,
with the next episode "The Family of Blood" airing in a couple weeks.
You can read someone's recap and just watch the second episode, the
first episode is just set up for the one being aired in a couple weeks.
I'll not include the recap here in order to avoid spoiling it for
those who haven't watched it yet.

-- Daniel