[mythtv-users] Looking for new DVB-S+CAM based backendhardwarerecommendations

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Wed Aug 29 18:28:38 UTC 2007

BBC HD seems to be encoded as H.264 at 1440x1080, at least on DVB-T from
the Crystal Palace transmitter. I've tried recording and playing it, and
it won't decode it in realtime, even on my Core2 Duo E6600. That's from
mythfrontend or just playing the file in mplayer or xine. My guess is
I've either messed up my config, my binaries aren't compiled right
(packman for OpenSuse 10.2 x86_64) or libavcodec is just too
inefficient. Have you had any luck with the HD stuff?

Thanks also to Wim for the advice, good to hear it reinforced!

phil

http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/2033

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/276377?search_string=h264
%20decoder;#276377