[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.20.2, another success story

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 29 17:30:35 UTC 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Tony Baca wrote:

> On 8/29/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Add me to the list of people who upgraded with no particular
> difficulty.
>
> On my master FE/BE it was a little bit complicated because I'd never
> upgraded that machine from SuSE 10.1 to 10.2.  I had to do that
> first.  The distribution upgrade was surprisingly seamless, except
>
> My master FE/BE is also on a 10.1.  My plan was to update that to
> Myth 20.2-fixes
> tonight, but I had not planned to update Suse to 10.2.  What was
> the reason for doing that?

I didn't think the updated Myth packages were available for 10.1.  It
now looks like they are, so I guess I could have just waited. ;)

The fact that the machine hadn't been upgraded was kind of an
oversight on my part.  I prefer to have all my machines running the
same release for ease of maintenance.  It looks like you ought to be
able to do it while still staying under 10.1, though.

> What capature cards do you use?

The master backend has an Adaptec AVC-2410.  The secondary backend
has a Mercury TV card.