[mythtv-users] Can anyone help with twinhead xorg.conf with nvidia 5200?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Aug 29 14:39:09 UTC 2007

Below is my current working xorg.conf with sends the video to my TV
using SVideo. It works great, but I'd like to view the same screen on
the monitor as well. Can anyone try modifying my xorg.conf accordingly?
I've tried doing it in the past, but I always ending up totally hosing
it.

I believe I need another Screen for the connected LCD monitor, but I
don't understand the "Right Of" lingo.

Any help is appreciated.

James

#current xorg.conf
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
        Load  "vnc"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        #Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        # TV Out Setup
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, TV"
        Option      "TwinView" "True"
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "UseEvents" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option      "SecurityTypes" "VncAuth"
        Option      "UserPasswdVerifier" "VncAuth"
        Option      "PasswordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"