[mythtv-users] MythPlugins from source problem

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:21:45 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I did a clean configure/qmake/make/make install of mythtv and I did the
> same for myththemes. I then ran configure, qmake and make for mythplugins. I
> am still getting the "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.20.1 " error. A find
> for "*lmyth-0.20.1*" turns up nothing.

Finding "*lmyth-0.20.1*" will turn up nothing.  The library name will
be "libmyth-0.20*".  Try

find / -iname "libmyth\*"

The '-l' flag is used by gcc to link a library to a compiled object
file.  From the man page:

-llibrary
-l library

<cut>

The linker searches a standard list of directories for the library,
which is actually a file named liblibrary.a.  The linker then uses
this file as if it had been specified precisely by name.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com