[mythtv-users] Dead motherboard

Chris Nicholls chris at czar.cc
Wed Aug 29 13:05:12 UTC 2007

The motherboard on my Myth systen died so I replaced it with another
one, not the same (no longer available). The system starts to boot, as
in loading kernel, (so it can find the right drive to boot off) but then
says, Unable to access resume device (Label=SWAP-sda3)
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc No such file or directory
etc

Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempting to kill init!

The old motherboard was an ASUS and the new one is a gigabyte with an
nvidia chipset

Any pointers on were to start would help a lot

Thanks

Chris