[mythtv-users] Channel icons

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 29 09:39:44 UTC 2007

On 08/28/2007 07:40 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> Is anyone else noticing that downloading channel icons is failing? Every
> time I do a mythfilldatabase, it attempts to download channel icons, but
> all I end up with is a file named ZCGrid.do  .
>
> I'm using the 0.20.2 packages released for mythubuntu last night.

And how exactly are you trying to get the icons?  As described at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.5 ?  If so, which
method?  Using "perl mkiconmap.pl" or using the "mythfilldatabase
--import-icon-map" approach?

If using "perl mkiconmap.pl", you'll need to verify you've got xmltv
0.5.48 installed and, if so, search the XMLTV list archives for messages
regarding problems with tv_grab_na_icons (it works for me), and, if
necessary, send a message to the xmltv -users list to say that
tv_grab_na_icons isn't working for you.

If using the mythfilldatabase approach to get icons, let us know here.

If you're talking about error messages you get during a normal
mythfilldatabase run, please try updating your icons as described in the
HOWTO (link above) and see if you still get the errors after.

Mike