[mythtv-users] Improving Channel Switching Speed

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Aug 29 07:24:21 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, Jeremy Gillick wrote:
>    Is there a way to reduce the time it takes to switch between channels? I
>    have a set top box with a homebrew IR blaster.  The set top box already
>    takes long enough to change channels and I'm hoping there's a way to
>    improve the speed on the MythTv end.  Currently it takes up to 8 seconds
>    to switch between channels.

Stop flicking through channels and start using Myth as intended?

Seriously, I don't know how you have the time.  I've only got FTA
channels and I still record way more telly than I can find time to
watch.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because geeks travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "If you can keep your head when all around you have
  lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood
  the seriousness of the situation."
- David Brent, "The Office"