[mythtv-users] MythPlugins from source problem

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Aug 28 21:37:06 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Aug 28, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Joe Borne wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to go to the SVN version of MythTV on my Fed Core 6
>> box. I have successfully compiled mythtv, but the plugins won't compile.
>>
>> Running "svn st http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins" gives the
>> message that the current version is not a working copy.
>>
>> I followed the compile and install from svn instructions on the wiki,
>> so I'm thinking maybe I cam grabbing from the wrong source tree maybe?
>>
>> I'd really like to go to SVN in order to get SD and several other
>> improvements.
>>
>> Can anyone help? Perhaps a nice little HOWTO from someone who's done
>> it, on getting SVN installed in order to use SD would be nice.
>
> You need to install mythtv (not just compile) before trying to compile
> the plugins. Did you do that first?

"svn st http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins" does not check out
the code, it checks the status.

You need 'svn co  http:........mythtv' and the same for mythplugins and
myththemes.

Then cd mythtv, run configure, then make, then make install. Do all that
before attempting to make plugins or themes.

The previously required step 'qmake mythtv.pro' has been added as the
last line of configure.

Complete scripts to do this are given at the bottom of the wiki page
Installing Mythtv SVN on Fedora Core (in Howto). The scripts will work
on basically any distribution. Other sections, such as auto-starting
mythbackend are fedora specific.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury