[mythtv-users] A big and heartfelt thank you

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:37:45 UTC 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Trey Thompson wrote:

> On 8/26/07, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Just a quick note to say thanks to the SchedulesDirect folks.  I
> upgraded my SVN copy of MythTV today, compiled, installed, updated
> my listings accounts, ran mythfilldatabase, and everything is
> exactly how I would expect it to be.
> Kevin
> Agreed!  It's almost as if those of us that kept saying "Just wait,
> they will take GREAT care of us..."
> were RIGHT!
> Great job guys!

Likewise, I only had my free 7 day trail for long enough to get my
listings setup, upgrade myth and get one successful grab before I
subscribed. I'm really glad that I did my last install by binaries
instead of source, cause yum update myth* is MUCH easier than the
headache I had to go through to get .18 working that first time from
source... course that was on a P4 Hyperthread (still using it) with a
586 kernel, so it's no wonder the binaries didn't work for me then...
anyway, I'm rambling... I just wanted to say thanks as well, my
girlfriend and roommate thank you too, though they don't have a clue
that there was going to be any kind of issue anyway... they just
bitch and whine when the box stops working right... It's a gift and a
curse... cause I woulda used it with the wireless keyboard (I had a
hard time making lirc compile) and all the other small little nuances
not exactly right (I know linux, when something goes awry, I can
figure out and fix it in a snap as opposed to my girlfriend, who uses
a Mac. (I'm not saying anything bad about Macs, I'm typing this on my
powerbook, which I couldn't live without, but most general Mac users
aren't very "techy") Anyway, onto another ramble, sorry... so yea,
without any more delay, THANKS a TON to all of those responsible for
my girlfriend and roommate not bitching at me about the program
listings being missing. Also, thank you to Axel for the speedy binary