[mythtv-users] Cox Communications has turned off Firewire output

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 03:37:44 UTC 2007

A quick update:

I have received a couple of responses from Cox Communications.

My first response was from a manager, who basically said they were
investigating and would advise.

Then, less than 30 minutes later, I received an email from a member of the
Technical Support team who says:

"I'm sorry that there is a problem using the 1394 Firewire ports. We have
> not deactivated them, we are aware that since April 2004 these ports
> need to be active."

They seem to think that mine is an isolated incident, but I have pointed out
that others are complaining of the same thing on the AVS Forum.

Tom