[mythtv-users] No firewire output after upgrade

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Tue Aug 28 03:27:24 UTC 2007

>Last weekend, in an effort to prepare for a transition to Schedules Direct,
>I upgraded all of these boxes to the latest SVN version.  At the same time,
>I also upgraded Ubuntu to the latest packages (including the kernel to

>When I run plugreport, everything looks normal.  


>But firewire_tester reports
>failure both as a broadcast connection or as a point-to-point connection.

That would make it neither a myth nor a cable problem. You need to
focus on getting firewire_tester working.

I did notice recently that sometimes firewire_tester will start
working if I first use 6200ch to set a channel. I also used to
rmmod/modprobe the drivers to get things unstuck sometimes.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list