[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 Serial Interface

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Aug 28 02:52:19 UTC 2007

Blaine Nelson wrote:
> I've got an ohm-meter.  Any tips on how exactly to use it to check if
> the cable is bad?  I've only used it for troubleshooting a busted
> washing machine, so I've got no idea what to do for this cable.

If you connect a lead to each end of the cable, the meter should read
zero ohms, or close to zero.  You will check each pin/wire in the cable
- make sure you connect one probe to pin 1 on one end of the cable, and
the other probe to pin 1 on the other end of the cable.  You should be
able to complete the circuit and register zero ohms.

You may only have certain pins actually connected in your particular
cable, so some inspection might be necessary to see how your cable is
configured, and which pins are actually connected to the wires in the cable.