[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Universal Binary for .20.2 @ thesniderpad.com

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Tue Aug 28 01:22:21 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 18:25 -0600, David Snider wrote:
>
>> With help from Matthew Mead and Wade Maxfield, I was able to piece
>> together a Universal binary of 0.20.2.   It is available @
>> thesniderpad.com in the downloads section, or here:
>> http://www.thesniderpad.com//index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=fileinfo&id=537
>>

> Have you considered packaging the OS X backend? It works well for
> the HDHomeRun recorder, the Firewire recorder and the IPTV recorder.
> In fact the Firewire recorder on OS X is in my experience more
> robust in the presence of bus resets than the Linux one. None of
> these recorders require much in the way of CPU and run very well
> on an original Mac Mini.
>
> -- Daniel

I'll add that to my To Do list.   I used to include it in the SVN
builds, but I took a survey and more people didn't want it than did, so
I removed it.  I can add another section for mythbackends and all the
tools.   Once I get the scripting behind universal downloads completed
(gotta get a working OSX on Intel system first), I'll script the backend
uploads.