[mythtv-users] All audio works except 2 channel pcm on DVD's using Internal player

jrhessey dah_069 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:49:41 UTC 2007

I have a chaintech av710 hooked up through spdif. I have no problems with tv,
videos, music, or anything else. However when I watch a DVD, if there's 5.1
audio coming out, I get sound, if there's 2 channel pcm audio, I hear
nothing. For example, I'm trying to watch 300 last night. The first part
with the WB logo has 5.1 audio so I hear that part, the previews are all in
pcm 2 channel, so it goes silent, the dvd title screen is in 2 channel, that
is silent, I play the movie which is in 5.1, the sound comes back. Also
another quirk in the system, I hear Spanish when the audio track 1 English
5.1 is selected. I went through the audio tracks, Spanish played French and
French played English. Are their variables I can put in the internal command
to get this to work correctly. I've tried xine and vlc and I get absolutely
no sound because everything comes in pcm. Any ideas?