[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct / 2.20.2 upgrade failed/stuck

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Mon Aug 27 16:45:47 UTC 2007

I upgraded from 2.20 to 2.20.2. However, I'm stuck. I went into
mythtv-setup and changed from TMS to SchedulesDirect okay. However, the
backend reports:

2007-08-27 12:41:22.208 TVRec(3) Error: Problem finding starting
channel, setting to default of '3'.
2007-08-27 12:41:22.209 ChannelBase(3) Error: InitializeInputs():
                         Could not get inputs for the capturecard.
                         Perhaps you have forgotten to bind video
                         sources to your card's inputs?

I've got 2 PVR 250's.

It seems the upgrade messed up my card settings. When I ran the
mythtv-setup the first time, under Capture Cards, I had MPEG:
/dev/video0 and MPEG /dev/video1

Now, everytime I enter the mythtv-setup Capture Cards screen, the
software is adding 4 or 5 move V4L: /dev/video0 entris. I've got a 20-30
now from each time I've visited this screen.

I'm stuck.

I'm not sure I want to delete them because wont I lose my
recording/schedules? I'm thinking of restoring my database from my SQL
backup and trying again.