[mythtv-users] Chances of getting slimline PS2 working as a frontend?

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Mon Aug 27 04:29:32 UTC 2007

Hey All,

The wife has just bought herself a new slimline PS2 and I am looking
into the possibility of using it as a frontend to replace the beige-box
I'm currently using.

She doesn't want to get it chipped until after it's out of warranty. The
warranty is a swap-it-over-no-questions-asked type warranty so I might
be able to convince her. All we'd lose would be the fee for chipping.

Anyone have any pointers to more information? All the information I
could find from Google was several years old or required the console to
be chipped.

Even a decent uPNP client for it would be fine as all we use it for is
watching recordings and playing back the occasional YouTube video. All
our recordings are from DVB cards.

TIA
-Darryl