[mythtv-users] Zap2IT->SD upgraded MythTV 0.20 to 0.20.2 on FC6 kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6 SUCCESS

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:24:04 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the people who were involved in making this a smooth
transition. In my case, the upgrade from FC5 to FC6 was horrible, with
every kernel-related component giving me trouble, and I had downtime
for a month. Last night I started taking the steps towards "the
switch" to SD and just thinking about the possibility of a kernel
upgrade was giving me stress. Yeah, it's just TV, but it took a lot of
work and time to get that last upgrade done. All this to express my
great excitement that it took the following steps and I was done:

service mythbackend stop
mysqldump -u root -p mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup20.sql
yum -y upgrade \*myth\*
service mythbackend start
mythfilldatabase

There was a little trial and error about upgrading myth (upgrading
mythtv-suite didn't work for me). I lost my channel icons a while ago,
maybe in the FC5-FC6 upgrade, and I can't seem to get them back. No
big deal. I'll keep an eye on the schedule for a while (all of
September I guess) but it looks great so far.

THANK YOU DEVS, SchedulesDirect, AND ALL THE HELPFUL FOLKS ON THIS LIST.

Fred