[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and multiple zap2it accounts

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:06:19 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/26/2007 06:53 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> > On 8/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> >> Right, and if the providers are different (i.e. OTA, DirectTV, DISH,
> >> Cable Company are all different providers), this is /definitely/ what
> >> you should do.  However, for users who actually need multiple video
> >> sources from the same provider (as in the cable TV examples above), Myth
> >> now supports the use of a single lineup with multiple video sources
> >> through client-side filtering.  See
> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285225#285225 .  Note
> >> that --remove-new-channels is no longer required with 0.20.2 and above.
> > I read the referenced post several times, and understand, I create a
> > lineup that includes all the channels any of my video sources use,
> Correct.
> >  and
> > assign that lineup to those video sources,
> Correct
> > but I am not understanding
> > at what stage I tell myth that one of my sources cannot access all the
> > channels in that "meta-lineup."
> >
> When configuring the channels for the video source, you delete the ones
> that are not available to the input with which the video source is
> associated.

where can one delete channels from a lineup for a specific video
source? It would seem there needs to be a second channel editor, one
for telling myth which channels in the lineup that source is capable
of tuning.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -