[mythtv-users] MythWeather in 0.20.2/-fixes packages

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Aug 26 21:42:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 01:14:04PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> So, do the 0.20 packages uninstall libmythweather.so from /usr?

Actually packages only uninstall some file if it was part fo a
previous package which is being uninstalled in the upgrade process. In
this sense an old package is being uninstalled while a new one is
being installed.

So no, if a user placed libmythweather.so somewhere and a package is
just installed w/o removing an old package that file will not be
removed, it will be overwritten at best if the package ships its own
copy.

> I specifically am interested in whether MythWeather from 0.20 or
> -fixes packages previously installed by users will be uninstalled by
> the new packages now that MythWeather isn't built (or are you
> explicitly building the broken version).

I probably do so, yes. But I didn't actively change this in the
packaging. If it's the developers' wish to have it bettr removed I'll
turn it off in the next package update.

> In this case, at least, it does sound like the user may have some old
> libs on the system that he's using for building rather than an old
> libmythweather.so in /usr left from before the package upgrade.  So it
> may be that you already have everything worked out for others.

He probably has something under /usr/local which wins over /usr.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net