[mythtv-users] compatible OTA ATSC tuners for MythTV?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 05:03:51 UTC 2007

Well, miracle of miracles, I actually found a place where I can put an antenna to receive over-the-air ATSC HD signals in my little canyon corner of San Diego (except Fox, which is broadcast from Tijuana).

I *need* a tuner which can tune ATSC signals.  I would very much prefer a tuner which can also tune QAM (not available to me now, but it would be nice).  Old analog NTSC tuning is not a big deal though, as I have a PVR-250 that works fine.

What are the current options?  The ones I know:

- HDHomeRun
- pchdtv

But what about other things, like the WinTV-HVR-950?  Any other tuners out there?  The HDHR is the leading candidate, but it's just a little bit spendy, considering I'm going to be upgrading most of the rest of the Myth box as well.

Thanks in advance.