[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Almost Working?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Aug 24 18:35:17 UTC 2007

scott at tbwifi.ca wrote:
> I should also mention that I cannot figure out what is starting ivtv.  I
> am not doing it manually.  You will note that the ivtv line in
> modprobe.preload is commented out.  Maybe whatever is starting it is
> messing with things as well.

As mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else, ivtv is in the kernel. That
means you get it whether you want it or not.

Perhaps your attempt to install a later version is causing confusion. Perhaps
you need to rebuild the kernel (also fun under Mandriva) to exclude the older
version.

Mike Perkins