[mythtv-users] cut list removal

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Aug 24 14:03:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 06:41 -0500, CHRIS KOTTING wrote:
> Okay, I'm not going to assume anything about this situation, so consider
> this a basic checklist.
>
> 1) You did create a proper cutlist? (For example: using "e" to go into
> editing mode, "z" to import the commercial flagging, making whatever other
> adjustments, then "e" again to save the result.)
> 2) You did check the "Use Cutlist" box when setting up the DVD?
> 3) When the message display comes up, watch for the message "File has
> cutlist, using transcode to remove unwanted segments."  If you don't see
> that message (and you did steps 1 and 2), then for some reason Myth isn't
> recognizing the cutlist.  It could be a MySQL problem, sicne that is where
> the cutlist is kept.
>
> I hope that helps (at least a little)

I have to say yes to all your points. The message display says 'File has
cutlist using transcode to remove unwanted segments'. Process starts and
then a message appears to the effect that transcode was unable to
complete the process.

Since this one example I have transferred eight recordings to DVDs, each
with a cutlist, without any problem. Curious isn't it?

Norman