[mythtv-users] Any hope for 1080i content at 1080i with nVidia?

Matt Mossholder matt+mythTV-Users at mossholder.com
Fri Aug 24 01:10:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 17:54 -0700, Seth Daniel wrote:
> The former mode (1080i) actually works (kinda [1]).  It's the latter mode
> (540pw) that I'm having issues with.  It sounds like your saying I need
> to try signifcantly lower the dotclock?
>

> [1] I get a 1080i picture that has alternating moments of perfection and
> blurriness.  These moments are interleaved and come at around 10-13
> second intervals.  To get any sort of 1080i picture I had to take the
> EDID timings and double the vtimings to get it to work.  If I just use
> the EDID directly I would get a 'virtual' 1920x1080 screen where I could
> just view the top half (the first 540 lines) of the screen.  This
> appears to be a driver issue.  It used to work with the 7xxx and 8xxx
> driver (except that XV playback hard locked the system), but the 9xxx
> (and beyond) driver broke it.

Seth,
     Are you using UseEvents, do you have XvMC DISABLED, do you have
OpenGL VSync enabled, and are you using a driver version in the high 9
series or 100 series?   That specific mix is what did the trick for me.
That, and enabling deinterlacing, as stupid as it sounds. I believe that
the deinterlace covers up for the fact that X doesn't support syncing up
the interlace properly.

    --Matt