[mythtv-users] Sound issues

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:06:00 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just tried that and. low and behold, I could hear the wav files fine.  I
> have a friend who's running Myth on Ubuntu and had some sound issues, and
> he's gonna email what he did to correct his setup.  He mentioned how his was
> "trial-and-error" on mixing what needed to be muted vs. unmuted (which is
> pretty crappy if you ask me:  if something's unmuted, you should hear sound,
> but I digress).
>
> Any tips on where I should go from here?  As far as unmuting certain
> controls.

Not sure if you've checked this already, but it's from the MythTV docs:

Using ALSA.

To use ALSA, you'll need to correctly setup your asoundrc file.
Configuring this file is beyond the scope of this HOWTO. Once ALSA is
working correctly, change the output sound device in
mythfrontend->setup->Audio from /dev/dsp to ALSA:default. This field
may be edited to suit your ALSA requirements.

(Full text at: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html)

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com