[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Almost Working?

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Thu Aug 23 20:57:36 UTC 2007

> Definitely not, no. I am reminded, however, that I had to edit ah, I can't
> remember which one! modprobe.conf or modprobe.preload - the mandrive
> installer
> puts a bad options line in for ivtv - delete it. modprobe.preload also
> sometimes
> seems to have multiple invocations of ivtv in it - reduce to one. I also
> reduced
> some other multiple lines in there for amd64.
>
> I seem to do these things automatically when I reinstall or upgrade
> Mandriva,
> since they are the same dumb things every time. Because of that I don't
> write
> them down, perhaps now is the time to.
>
> For example, there's a security daemon called msec which delights in going
> round
> after you and removing any changes you make to config files. To get rid of
> that,
> at install time, when you choose which features you want, tick the
> individual
> items box; then go to "Internet Client" part of the workstation tree (I
> think)
> and uncheck "nail". This will also get rid of "msec" for good.
>
> I am shortly going to upgrade another 2007.0 box to 2007.1, and I will do
> it by
> performing a clean install, since there's not a lot of user data on it.
> It's not
> a Myth box, but the system files & kernel will be the standard ones. I
> will keep
> a careful log of what I do, if you are interested.
>
> Mike Perkins

Please do yes.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of Mandriva users on these
forums so anybody to bash things off of really helps.

Have you ever tried installing Myth in the box you're referring to?  If
not, are you aware if you were able to acutally use IVTV and capture some
video and watch it?  If you could post your IVTV dmesg section as well as
the modprobe files you mention above it may help me a great deal.  I want
to compare what I have to your setup.

Thx
Scott